NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Clinical Outcomes
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Performs a diverse variety of administrative/project duties for the Director Clinical Outcomes Department, using discretion, independent judgment, senior level clerical skills and knowledge of Excel to provide accurate and timely analyses of data received from various audits and tracers performed within the medical center. Provides administrative support for coordination and implementation of processes used during surveys from regulatory agencies. Responsible for maintaining and updating organizational policies. Assists in preparation for Divisional Staff Meetings and other meetings facilitated by the Director. Responsible for development and maintenance of Clinical Outcomes Web page. Serves as Safety Proctor for the Clinical Outcomes Department.
1. Communicates effectively and responds appropriately, using discretion and independent judgment to a wide variety of requests from internal and external customers, in oral and written form with all contacts, which includes Administrative Staff, Management, Employees, and Patients.
2. Provides administrative assistance for the Director Clinical Outcomes, which includes receptionist duties; typing correspondence and Peer Review Reports which are often confidential in nature; scheduling appointments and meetings; maintains calendar and manages emails for director; maintaining an up to date filing system; and other miscellaneous duties.
3. Provides accurate and timely analysis of various Medical Record Audits and Tracers performed within the medical center.
4. Provide Assistance, Tracks and/or Creates and Maintains databases in the areas of:
• Order Sets
• Peer Review Logs
• Time & Attendance Records
• Spotlight Tracking
• The Joint Commission Measures of Success
• Thank You Notes
• Department Budget
• Other areas as requested
5. Provides administrative support for coordination and implementation of processes during surveys from regulatory agencies.
6. Develops and maintains departmental Web page.
7. Assists the Director Clinical Outcomes with preparation and coordination of monthly divisional staff meetings.
8. Provides administrative assistance for the Clinical Outcomes Department, including typing, copying, data entry, reporting, developing presentations, making travel arrangements, preparation and processing of travel/education advances, expense reports, and other miscellaneous duties.
9. Maintains/updates divisional phone lists, calendars, organizational charts, and Safety and Hurricane Plans.
10. Orders supplies for department through online website.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: Graduate of 2-year secretarial/executive secretarial program or 2 years experience in a secretarial role. Associates degree preferred but not required.
2. Licensure: N/A
3. Experience: Five years experience as an executive/administrative associate or secretary to senior level individual or multiple individuals. (Experience should be in the area of specialty, i.e., finance, medicine, healthcare, etc.).
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!