NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Cardiac Cath Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Department Manager/Director. Performs routine clerical duties of a general and confidential nature to support the department/function assigned.
1. Performs routine and confidential clerical duties as assigned.
2. Schedules patient appointments, tests and procedure in an accurate and competent manner within established policies and procedures.
3. Confirms all patients are accounted for, procedures provided were charged for, and all charges are entered into EPIC in a timely manner.
4. Posts cardiac catheterization and Electrophysiology lab procedures from previous day, reviewing for accuracy and completed documentation.
5. Reviews the daily revenue summary report and prepares variance report for those departments with revenue below expected volumes. Reconciles charges daily.
6. Contacts with a variety of internal and external customers using professionalism and tact to ensure a positive image of department/function is conveyed.
7. As directed, types, files, and updates department/function manuals or other data ensuring accurate up-to-date information.
8. Utilizes computer for a variety of applications and scheduling activities.
9. Performs filing and other requisite timekeeping to ensure timely retrieval of same.
10. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
11. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
12. Continues personal development to enhance personal growth on an annual basis.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High school graduate or equivalency. Graduate of a two-year secretarial/executive secretarial program or two years experience in a secretarial or clerical role.
2. Licensure / Certifications: N/A.
3. Experience: One-year experience as a secretary, receptionist, data entry clerk, or similar diverse clerical background. Experience preferred in the area of specialty, healthcare, accounting, etc.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!