Reporting to Manager or Director of Financial Reporting. Responsible for major general ledger account reconciliations, journal entries and other analysis from NHRMC and affiliate entities. Prepares financial statements and other ad hoc reporting as requested.
1. Completes major general ledger account reconciliations monthly. Reconciliations prepared monthly include but are not limited to: Prepaids, Fixed Assets, Inter-company and Other Receivables/Payables, Joint Ventures, Accounts Receivable/Payable, Cash / Investments, and Net Assets by Fund.
2. Prepares journal entries including but not limited to accruals, inter-departmental transfers and reclassifications.
3. Works with the Reimbursement department and outside central billing offices to insure patient accounts receivable entries and revenue are posted and corresponding account reconciliations are completed.
4. Prepares or assists in the preparation of monthly financial statement packages to senior management and Board members.
5. Completes reporting needs such as ad hoc financial statements, statistics, ratios, statements of cash flow, fund balance reports, and variance reports as assigned.
6. Manages the non-patient receivables process from billing through reconciliation, including donor pledges receivable, aging, and evaluation of collectability.
7. Prepares closing support documents for in-service capital asset special projects.
8. Provides accounting support to affiliate entities as needed.
9. Assists during financial audits, including preparing client assistance work papers and responding to inquiries from external auditors and other agencies.
10. Prepares or assists in the filing of tax returns and / or surveys with relevant reporting and filing entities, including IRS, NC DOR, county tax offices, NCHA, US census, or other governmental and regulatory bodies or associations.
11. Assists in development of departmental and account level budgets and Forecasts.
12. Performs numerous related duties, assists others as needed and performs special assignments when requested.