NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Director of Anesthesia. The Chief assists with the management of patient care activities and Anesthesia personnel. Performs the job duties of a certified registered nurse anesthetist to include all aspects of patient care as needed. Supervises individual patient care for patients in developmental stages neonate (0-28 days) through geriatrics (72+ years) according to Anesthesia’s Policies and Procedures. Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the implementation of plans of care.
1. Responsible for the flow of patients through the OR and the daily assignment of personnel in conjunction with the Director and the other clinical areas where anesthesia is performed, ensuring that policies, practices, procedures and standards are followed as related anesthesia care.
2. Participates in the coordination of patient care activities, develops and assists in daily unit staffing schedule, provides input for the anesthesia department. Budgets and coordinates in-service education programs in collaboration with the Director of Anesthesia Services, and the Network Director of Surgical Services.
3. Actively leads service and operational initiatives towards the continued improvement of throughput, utilization of resources and patient and family satisfaction
4. Supports staff CRNA participation on Nursing Congress
5. Assists in performance appraisals and addresses performance and behavioral issues as they occur. The Chief CRNA works collaboratively with the Director to address and disciplinary.
6. Completes anesthesia documents appropriately.
7. Develops a standard of care based upon patient assessment appropriate to patient age and developmental stage in collaboration with physicians and other health team members, as related to anesthesia care.
8. Evaluates standard of care and updates standard of care.
9. Performs departmental orientation of new staff, arranging continuing education and quality improvement programs for the Cape Fear site.
10. Is educated in the skills of Behavioral Based Interviewing
11. Interviews staff and locums as needed
12. Adheres to all regulatory and compliance standards
13. Actively participates in performance improvement and the attainment of organizational quality goals as they relate to anesthesia care
14. Maintains professional standards by participating in in-services, committees, etc.
15. Facilitates physiological, psychosocial and spiritual care of the patient.
16. Exhibits expertise in specialty areas and presents as a role model.
17. Available as a knowledge resource to Surgical Services area.
18. Facilitates patient/family teaching according to the plan of care and within their level of understanding and developmental age.
19. May perform moderate of waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines
* Cert RN Anesthetist
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: At least 5 years work experience as a CRNA in a large surgical suite and demonstrates leadership abilities. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!