Patient Placement Facilitator - Nursing Operations
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 3794
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Nursing Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.800000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Patient Placement Facilitator reports to the Manager RN Supervision & Patient Placement and is responsible for the timely and accurate placement of all patients throughout NHRMC. Performs unanticipated projects effectively.
1. Ensures that patients with physician’s orders for placement into an inpatient bed are placed appropriately and accurately.
2. Using critical thinking skills, works closely with physician’s offices, charge nurses, and other leaders to ensure that patients are classified appropriately and assigned a bed without delay.
3. Continuously monitors the placement of each inpatient and or observation patient, whether as a new patient or in-house transfer.
4. Interacts effectively with other medical center departments, managers, and staff to support patient flow
5. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
6. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School diploma required.
2. Certification: None.
3. Experience: Minimum 1 year experience with patient placement / throughput management preferred. Must have aptitude in computers and manual dexterity in operation of data entry terminals and other office equipment. Excellent verbal and writing skills.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!