NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
With a primary concentration on teamwork, integrity, and continuous improvement of clinical processes, the Education Coordinator reports to the Manager-Clinical Outcomes & Compliance and is responsible for the development and delivery of departmental, intra-facility, and regional education programs as identified to support continuous high-quality care and in support of business positioning and realignment activities. Responsible for oversight of departmental staff orientation, ensuring staff success in completing mandatory certification courses and required education, and maintaining staff education records. Performs duties of an active transport staff member as assigned.
1. Leads the development of education to ensure that clinical competency is maintained and current as appropriate for the employee’s position description. Assists with all-around staff development to attain higher levels of quality and continuous and professional improvement and provides coaching / remediation as indicated.
2. Responsible for the development and overseeing the delivery of quarterly simulations and clinical rotation opportunities appropriate for critical care, ALS, and ILS/BLS staff respectively
3. Provides regional education to NHRMC’s Accountable Zone referral partners in support of strategic goals and marketing objectives and coordinates AirLink referral partner/customer visits, LZ safety lectures and special events.
4. Works with referral partners in the continuous quality improvement of care to patients and rapid recognition, referral and transport to definitive care centers. Helps to establish a quality image for NHRMC and Critical Care Transport.
5. Actively participates on assigned departmental and hospital committees.
6. Responsible for maintaining and delivery of the new employee initial training program. Reviews and revises on an annual basis.
7. Identifies and updates continuing education requirements in order to maintain compliance with all accrediting, regulating and credentialing agencies. Maintains an awareness of current trends in science, academic medicine, and the health care environment in order to plan for an innovative future.
8. Maintains the North Carolina Office of Emergency Medical Services requirements as an education instructor/coordinator for New Hanover Regional EMS-Specialty Care Transport division. Provides both didactic and clinical instruction. Facilitates obtaining required certifications for staff.
9. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs proactive interventions which support the Mission, Vision and Values of NHRMC and this department.
10. Functions as a resource for dissemination of new information and problem resolution and evaluates new products and equipment.
11. Participates in the interview process and provides input for hiring decisions.
12. Contributes input to clinical components of Staff Performance Evaluations in cooperation with Chief Transport RN and Supervisors.
13. Regularly staffs in the capacity of a staff Paramedic or Nurse (as assigned). Maintains all knowledge, skills, and competencies to perform in this role. (Refer to Professional Registered Nurse or Critical Care Paramedic Job Description, NHREMS – Flight Operations/Critical Care Transport Division).
14. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
15. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
16. Will be available to respond to major casualties and incidents as assigned.
* Registered Nurse or* Paramedic
* Drivers License Class C
* Advanced Trauma Certification
* Cert Emergency RN - Flight
* Cert Emergency Nurse
* Cert Critical Care Nurse
* Critical Care Paramedic
* Flight Paramedic Certification
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Education: Associates degree in a related field. Successful completion of a national registry eligible Paramedic training program OR graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. Strongly Preferred: bachelors college degree in education or health-related field. Training in development and delivery of high-fidelity simulation
Licensure / Certifications:
Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of North Carolina. Specialty certification(s) required for RNs: CFRN, CEN, or CCRN. OR NC Paramedic Credential. Specialty Certifications required for paramedics: CCP-C or FP-C. BLS/CPR, ACLS, and PALS certification (instructor level preferred). Advanced trauma certification and NRP required within 6 months of hire (instructor level preferred). Current and valid driver’s license. Must meet general hospital driving requirements. EVO is required to drive during emergency situations. NIMS 100, 200, 700, 800.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in emergency services or critical care, including at least 1 year in transport environment. Previous management or education experience preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!