Patient Safety Attendant - Central Sitter Resource Office
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 3722
Date Posted: Jul 22, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Central Sitter Resource Office
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.600000
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Patient Safety Attendant works under the direction of the Nurse Manager and under the direct supervision of the Professional Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse to observe a patient for harmful and/or dangerous behaviors. This position is an important component of the continuum of care as is provided to maintain the safety and protect the well-being of patients at-risk for injury. The observation and care activities are individualized for each patient at the direction of the medical staff. The Patient Safety Attendant is also responsible for completing a variety of departmental specific tasks to assist with optimal department safety and functioning. Actively participates as a member of the treatment team.
1. Works under the direction of the Professional Registered Nurse or delegated Licensed Practical Nurse to observe patient behavior and maintain patient safety.
2. Competently performs a variety of patient care activities to meet the daily personal needs and comfort of the patient.
3. Actively observes the patient at all times and maintains an uninterrupted line of sight with the patient.
4. Maintains patient safety at all times.
5. Reports any and all activity outside of established parameters to the Nurse Manager, Professional Registered Nurse, delegated Licensed Practical Nurse, or Nursing Assistant.
6. Follows suicide precautions and guidelines for patients who are on Suicide Precautions.
7. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
8. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
9. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the mission, vision and values of New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
10. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the patient care team.
11. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
12. Continues personal development to enhance personal growth on an annual basis.
* High School Diploma
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Licensure / Certification: American Heart Association HS (Heart Saver) required. BLS Healthcare Provider accepted as well. Experience: None required. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!