NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Treasury Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Provides Business/Financial Systems application support to financial systems end users located in multiple locations across the network. Diagnoses and troubleshoots issues and provides technical guidance to resolve user issues with financial systems applications and workflows. Is available by telephone or side-by-side with the user to identify, prioritize and resolve business application problems. Works closely with business application subject matter experts to resolve end user issues. Is the training resource for new employees and on-going training for end-users. Participates in the development of standard work, policies and procedures, training guides for daily operations, updates, upgrades, and downtime.
1. Provides Business/Financial Systems application support to Fiscal Services staff. Works closely with Fiscal Services team members to understand workflow processes and training needs. Collaborates with other application analysts and subject matter experts in the day-to-day management of Business/Financial Systems
2. Assists in improving financial systems by structuring, testing, implementing, and documenting successful new methods and tools. Directs and participates in the strategic selection, development, implementation, budget, education, and enhancements to financial systems. This includes, but is not limited to, developing and/or coordinating the implementation of new or modified software, such as upgrades, patches, and revision testing.
3. Develops and implements training and education programs to provide staff proficiency in the utilization of Business/Financial systems applications. Develops standard work documents to support processes and workflows.
4. Trains end-users on proper use of Business/Financial systems applications. Coordinates with department managers and subject matter experts to ensure that role specific education and training is followed and documented. Ensure security access and passwords are obtained and validated.
5. Integrates LEAN methodologies into daily operations, improvement opportunities, and education programs for staff.
6. Analyzes problems encountered by systems users through telephone contact and or electronic service requests. Completes/resolves these requests by either “First Call Resolution” and or by emailing the electronic requests with the corresponding service request information and or resolution.
7. Responsible for tracking and reporting each request, and documenting the responses given and for utilizing appropriate departmental procedures in providing and developing the proper response to each type of request. Responsible for providing updates on all requests to Fiscal Services leadership.
8. Maintains a broad technical knowledge of all IT business software and hardware being utilized to be technically conversant at all levels of problem solving through reading, briefings, seminars and classes.
9. Provides point of contact knowledge transfer to end users to minimize repeat calls and increase customer satisfaction.
10. Prepares and/or maintains required work documentation logs and reports and distributes based on report delivery requirements. (Daily Logs, Event Management, Change Requests etc.)
11. Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and offer/create viable recommendations/options.
12. Participates in the development, maintenance and updating of downtime procedures for business applications. Responsible for monthly downtime edits and semi-annual downtime drills in each area of Business/Financial systems.
13. Effectively communicates with other departments to handle and escalate issues in a timely manner.
14. Strong communication and diplomacy skills required, and must have the ability to build positive working relationships with physician-users, practice managers and staff.
15. Provides new and up to date knowledge database information and follows documented standards for additions/modifications/changes.
16. Knowledge of and the ability to use PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software to create teaching/learning materials and documentation
17. Participates in the development of Policies and creation/revision of standard work for area(s) of responsibility.
* Kronos Administrator
* ImageNow/Perceptive Admin
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: Bachelor degree required. Major in Accounting, Business Administration or Information Technology preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Infor WFM & ImageNow administrator certification.
3. Experience: 2 years’ experience as Financial Systems Support Specialist or Equivalent combination of education, training, and professional experience.
Demonstrated proficiency with Java Script, XML, HMTL, VB script and SQL required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!