Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Population Health
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The Outcomes Manager II is a Registered Nurse working under the direction of the Executive Director and Medical Director of Physician Quality Partners and in partnership with the medical leadership of the participating practices of PQP. The role of the Outcomes Manager II is to improve patient health outcomes and practice operational performance. Responsibilities include serving as an ambulatory quality improvement specialist with community practices participating in Physician Quality Partners, LLC. Job focus will be on assisting practices with quality improvement initiatives designed to increase efficiency, improve health outcomes, enhance patient satisfaction and reduce care costs. Role includes collecting and presenting performance data to participating practices on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement, and working in collaboration with practice to design, develop, and implement rapid cycle quality improvement initiatives. The ultimate goal is to help prepare practices to succeed in a “pay for performance” reimbursement system and to help PQP with collective ACO quality reporting to CMS and other payers. This individual provides leadership and support for a variety of quality improvement initiatives and collaborates with practices to achieve transformational and sustainable change in outcomes. This is a multifaceted role, incorporating expertise in clinical practice, data analysis, research, and performance improvement methodologies in order to achieve measurable improvements in the 5 pillars: Service, People, Quality, Finance and Growth. The Outcomes Manager is self-directed and acts as an effective leader, catalyst for change, and facilitates the utilization of current evidence based practice.
1. Effectively facilitates assigned clinical outcome initiatives in collaboration with Medical Director and Executive Director and participating PQP providers to improve patient outcomes and the utilization of appropriate resources in line with the objectives of the organization.
2. Helps PQP design, develop, and implement ambulatory care quality improvement initiatives.
3. Provides timely and meaningful performance reporting data from Epic and other data systems (occasional manual chart audits may be required).
4. Assists practices in understanding how to interpret quality data and provides hands on technical assistance with designing and implementing meaningful rapid cycle performance improvement plans.
5. Coaches primary care and specialty practices to successfully participate in pay for performance initiatives and Alternate Payment Models (APM).
6. Utilizes current evidenced based practice to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams in order to redesign operations and clinical practice in support of the organization’s strategic initiatives, goals and objectives.
7. Empowers practice staff to use data to improve decision making at the point of care and to adhere to evidence based practice guidelines (Choosing Wisely), ultimately improving both patient satisfaction and outcome data.
8. Helps design effective strategies to help practices utilize patient risk scores and care gap data to improve population health management initiatives
9. Assists with the development of ongoing education regarding pay for performance initiatives including speaking at meetings, conferences and other educational events.
10. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently, including communication that is clear in written and oral format.
11. Assists PQP with collective reporting of practice performance to CMS, BCBS, and other payers.
12. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team as well as practices.
13. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of Physician Quality Partners on a daily basis.
14. Performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence
15. Organization, communication, and time management skills are essential; able to multi-task; work well with clients and within a team also essential
* Registered Nurse
* Masters Degree
* Bachelor of Nursing
1. Education: Registered Nurse with Master’s Degree in Nursing or other health-related field.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in State of North Carolina.
3. Experience: Minimum of 5 years nursing experience required and at least one year of ambulatory primary care experience working with chronic disease data and quality improvement initiatives. Knowledge of standards related to NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home and CMS Meaningful Use and other pay for performance initiatives a plus. Epic certification also a plus but not required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.