Works under the general direction of the practice Administrator, this employee performs supervisory functions in the radiology and special testing departments at all three medical offices. This person is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Radiology Department, which includes x-ray, bone densitometry, computer tomography, echocardiography, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, and urgent care imaging. This employee is also responsible for the coordination of services, staffing schedules, time cards, monitoring patient schedules, and efficiency and documenting activity of the Cape Fear Community College ultrasound and x-ray students.
1. Plans, coordinates and directs radiology services. Reviews and analyzes workload totals, monthly production reports, Management Statistics, Operating Statements, Press Ganey reports and other statistical reports to detect errors and/or trends. Designs and implements changes necessary to achieve optimal utilization of resources.
2. Supports and encourages the staff in the mission and quality concerns of NHRMC PG by responding to the performance, productivity and quality of service of the staff. Develops and empowers Managers, Coordinators and Staff through delegation, coaching and mentoring tools.
3. Reasonable for planning and compliance in radiation safety policies and procedures.
4. Provides oversight and direction in the financial management of service lines in multiple radiology locations over a four-county area, in reference to the budgeting and follow-up of expenses, revenue, renovations, special projects, capital expenditures and certificates of need.
5. Maintains positive relationships with the Physicians via being visible, approachable and responsible to problem resolution.
6. Responds to the needs of the staff via timely supporting the policies of the Human Resources Department.
7. Attends meetings, workshops, serves on committees, and reads journals to remain knowledgeable of needs and trends of NHRMC PG, the Physicians and communities we serve.
8. Maintains affiliation with Cape Fear Community College Radiography and Sonography Student Programs. Plans, coordinates and directs student supervision and training at NHRMC PG locations.
9. Coordinates the submission of data and any corrective actions to accrediting agencies. Meets with involved departments and radiology staff to monitor compliance and accrediting agencies inspection processes. Remains knowledgeable of government regulations concerning Radiology to include Stark Guidelines, NRC, NC DHHS Radiation Protection and NC DHSR Certificate of Need.
10. Represents the Physicians Group and Radiology in contact with internal and external customers, professional groups, regulatory agencies, educational institutions, vendors, clients, and guests.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Associate Degree
Experience: Minimum ten (10) years of radiology experience with a minimum of five (5) years experience with supervisory responsibilities. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.