NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Company Police
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Director of Company Police and may support multiple departments as required. Performs a diverse variety of administrative duties using discretion, independent judgment, and senior level clerical skills to ensure outcomes that are consistent with accepted business practice.
1. Provides assistance and performs duties for the Director of Company Police to ensure all administrative/support work is completed efficiently, effectively and accurately. 2. Responds appropriately using discretion and independent judgment to a wide variety of requests from internal and external customers, in writing and verbally, as required to ensure consistent and efficient operations of the department. 3. Demonstrates standard of performance (Ownership, Teamwork, Communication, and Compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. 4. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs pro-active interventions which support the Mission, Vision and Values of NHRMC and the department. 5. Attends meetings/committee sessions and ensures accurate recording/transcription of same. Assists in preparation of meeting agendas and packets. 6. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. 7. Responsible for coordinating the department’s meetings, appointments, etc. and updating the respective calendars. 8. Generates routine and special reports using a variety of computer applications. Design, development and maintenance of databases and pivot tables. 9. Orders supplies and ensures adequate stock of materials needed for smooth operation of departments. 10. Resource person for network computer systems, departmental programs and their applications. 11. Responsible for updating network and departmental manuals as revisions are made. 12. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently. 13. Compiles updates and maintains departmental statistics for budgetary and reporting purposes. 14. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance department’s performance. 15. Oversees Work Force Management within the Company Police Department ensuring that all reporting and timekeeping is done in accordance with NHRMC’s policies, procedures and standards of performance. Facilitates any necessary payroll changes. 16. Processes invoices, subpoenas, departmental mail, check requests, and travel reconciliation forms. 17. Establishes, maintains and revises record keeping and filing systems. Assists with maintaining department’s personnel and training files as directed.
* High School Diploma
Education: High School graduate or GED equivalent. Additional training in the following area helpful: (1) year of business college or equivalent experience in executive assistant position that includes healthcare background.
Licensure / Certifications: No licensure required. Certification as a Professional Secretary or Administrative Associate preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience in a clerical/administrative assistant role.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!