Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Clinical Outcomes
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The Outcomes Manager is a Registered Nurse working under the direction of the Clinical Outcomes Department Director in partnership with medical staff leadership and the service line Director to achieve improvements in patient outcomes and operational performance and reduce variations in practice. The Outcomes Manager serves a dual role with primary responsibilities in the concurrent and/or retrospective review and data abstraction of the area of expertise assigned within designated time frames and data abstraction as required by CMS, The Joint Commission, Hospital Policy and/or other assigned for abstracting, monitoring and tracking outcomes. This individual coordinates and supervises all aspects of abstraction, training, analysis, improvement and data submission for area of expertise. The Outcomes Manager works closely with directors, physicians and other care personnel to educate, analyze data and formulate quality improvement projects based on findings. This individual provides leadership and support for a variety of quality improvement initiatives and collaborates with unit based teams to achieve transformational and sustainable change in outcomes. This is a multifaceted role, incorporating expertise in clinical practice, data analysis, research, and performance improvement methodologies in order to achieve measurable improvements in the 5 pillars: Service, People, Quality, Finance and Growth. The Outcomes Manager is self-directed and acts as an effective leader, catalyst for change, and facilitates the utilization of current evidence based practice.
1. Effectively facilitates assigned clinical outcome initiatives in collaboration with medical staff and service lines to improve patient outcomes and the utilization of appropriate resources in line with the philosophy of the organization.
2. Collaborates with Medical Staff departments and Chairs to adopt, track and report compliance with annual Medical Staff goals for area of expertise if applicable.
3. Utilizes current evidenced based practice to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams in order to redesign operations and clinical practice in support of the organization’s strategic initiatives, goals and objectives.
4. Using Clinical databases and national benchmarks to continuously identify opportunities for improved outcomes, cost reduction, and decreased length of stay by utilization of best practice and current resources.
5. Performs case review of patient care as defined by performance measures and standards of practice. Facilitate/establish professional peer review process as needed.
6. As assigned, collaborates with all Outcomes Manager’s areas of expertise to create and ensure that order sets, pathways and protocols are initiated and revised in accordance with current evidence based practice using Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE). All orders sets will be compliant with regulatory requirements and National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG).
7. Collects, compiles, analyzes, interprets and reports data concurrently using multiple data bases. Acts as Subject Matter Experts (SME) to achieve compliance with network and department goals by trending the collected data and clinical practice.
8. Appropriately communicates information in accordance with hospital policies and procedures with multidisciplinary teams.
9. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently in accordance with the mission of the organization.
10. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values and standards of the department and NHRMC.
11. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the multidisciplinary teams.
12. Provides consultation to leadership regarding data findings as needed to ensure best practice.
13. Coordinates data abstraction requirements to support timely completion and validation of all public reporting projects for Healthcare Quality Improvement (HQI), Core Measures, and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
14. Assures timely and accurate measurement of all mandatory performance improvement requirements including The Joint Commission (TJC). Completes a comprehensive report for management with recommendations to achieve compliance.
15. Participate in achieving the organizations success such as accreditation of regulatory bodies by engaging in focused initiatives.
16. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction at all times.
* Registered Nurse
* Masters Degree
* Bachelor of Nursing
1. Education: Registered Nurse with Master’s Degree in Nursing or other health-related field.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Current license to practice professional nursing in State of North Carolina. Strongly encourage attaining Certified professional in Healthcare Quality 9CPHQ).
3. Experience: Minimum of 5 years nursing experience required including leadership and management
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.