NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Utilization Management
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Coord Utilization Management works under the direction of the Manager for Utilization Management, with the collaboration of Case Management leadership. Responsible for working together with his/her colleagues to both lead and support the ongoing monitoring, continuous learning and optimization of the EPIC EMR and MCG: Indicia programs and systems. The Coord Utilization Management has the authority to enforce the Standards of Behavior and works to ensure the Mission, Vision, and Values for the organization are upheld on a daily basis. The Coord Utilization Management will complete primary job duties based on the needs of the Department and the Manager.
1. Partner with key leaders to monitor and audit clinical documentation and charting. Identify action steps and support the team in follow-up. Primary focus is quality audits and staff education and system updates.
2. Identify gaps in work processes and/or system functionality that require continuous education, training and communication. Guide the development and deployment of ongoing training events in concert with Nursing Education, EPIC, MCG and other key training resources. Leader in rollout of all MCG and EPIC updates/upgrades.
3. Oversight of department metrics and scorecard identification, validation, development, implementation, and communication
4. Training, educating and mentoring new employees during the onboarding process and all employees on a continual basis.
5. Apply broad clinical informatics knowledge (technical and process) and adult learning techniques to educate staff and leaders on new system features and functions.
6. As part of the UM and CM leadership team, identify and implement improvements to workflow and processes.
7. Supports the daily operations of the UM and CM staff and ensures that policies, practices, procedures and standards are followed.
8. Liaison and communicate frequently and effectively across all NHRMC teams to assure up-to-date information is known and assimilated regarding effective use of clinical systems and all UM and CM initiatives.
9. Makes regular rounds to support the Case Managers and Utilization Management staff in their role, serves as an expert resource and consultant on individual cases.
10. Facilitates the orientation and education of staff. Tracks adherence of all mandatory education and assists with all staff development.
11. Coaches and recognizes UM and CM staff for job performance. Gives input and encouragement and ongoing support.
12. Assists with performance appraisals as directed by the management team.
13. Continually promotes a strong sense of teamwork.
14. Assesses operational processes, makes suggestions for and participates in performance improvement activities as they relate to the areas of responsibility.
15. Accepts a staff assignment as needed and provides care utilizing the standards outlined in the primary job duties.
16. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees and staffing needs.
* Registered Nurse
* Bachelors Degree
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of RN acute care experience and 3 years of CM experience in a health care setting. Leadership/management experience preferred.
Prefer MCG certification; required within 1 year Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!