NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Auxiliary Department
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.500000
Work Type: 32 to 47 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR NIGHT - Most of shift btwn 12:00am - 8:00am
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direct supervision of Manager of SECU Family House with indirect supervision of Director, Volunteer Services. Provides supervision of Family House operations and guest relations, to assure a safe and comfortable environment for guests. Responsible for communications with NHRMC staff that need to make referrals for family accommodations.
1. Provides on-site coverage to oversee operations and guest relations and assure that all guests are safe and have the services they require.
2. Accepts referrals and fulfills guest accommodations, including; maintenance of room requests, waiting lists & data entry in web-based registration system based on room availability & appropriateness of stay.
3. Responsible for collection of guest payment, daily cash reports and cash drawer shift reconciliation.
4. Accommodates the needs of guests, including communication of important information from NHRMC staff, transportation to hospital in case of emergency, responding to any emergency in the house such as alarms or illness.
5. Responsible for handling and communicating overnight events at morning report off.
6. Knows all safety procedures, telephone procedures and service procedures to provide adequate, compassionate care for all guests.
* General Education Degree
Experience: Reception, greeting, customer service experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!