Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Rehab Svcs - Acute Care
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 8A-4:30P 1-2 weekend days per scheduling period
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Works under the supervision of the Therapy Manager and Coordinator, utilizing evidence based techniques as a foundation for rehabilitative patient care. Performs assessments and formulates an individualized treatment plan for meeting or exceeding identified health and rehabilitation needs. Interventions are outcomes focused and consistent with best practice and policies. Actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Supports LEAN activities and adapts to changing environment to meet patient and department needs. Serves as a resource to staff on evidence-based Physical Therapy and best practice in the acute care setting. Advocates for NHRMC, Rehabilitation Services, patients, and coworkers. Facilitates education, training, and competency assessment for designated clinical area of expertise.
1. Demonstrates professional skill and competence by utilizing all aspects of best practice in the Physical Therapy process (assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation, treatment) to manage or supervise an effective and safe, patient-centric plan of care that promotes optimal outcomes.
2. Adheres to NHRMC policies/procedures and standards established by CMS, Joint Commission, CARF, licensure, and/or other regulatory agencies.
3. Collects and accurately documents required clinical information, including Functional Independence Measures (FIM) or other standardized outcomes measures.
4. Demonstrates accountability by facilitating and participating in education, training, staff and program development, LEAN and quality improvement efforts, councils/workgroups, and/or advocacy efforts.
5. Applies sound judgment in managing assignments, problem-solving, delegating, communicating, and triage of patient care and non-patient care duties. Requires minimal to no oversight to complete responsibilities in timely and thorough manner.
* Physical Therapist
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Licensed to practice Physical Therapy in the state of North Carolina. BLS certification.
3. Experience: Minimal five years clinical experience. Prefer advanced certification or training in specialized clinical area.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.