OR-Asu Sched Facilitator - OR - 17th Street
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 3431
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: OR - 17th Street
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.600000
Work Type: 48 to 63 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 11HR NIGHT - Most of shift btwn 7pm-7am
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager and Assistant Managers. The RN OR/ASU Schedule Facilitator assists with the management of patient care activities and nursing personnel. Directs daily ASU/OR schedule to provide quality service to all customers. Accepts responsibility for the direction of co-workers in the implementation of Plans of Care for patients.
1. Responsible for the daily efficient progression of the ASU/OR schedule in combination with Anesthesia, OR ,Pre-OP, Post-OP and PACU.
2. Promotes interdepartmental cooperation and maintains good working relationships and effective communication.
3. Promotes environment of teamwork.
4. Functions as ASU/OR staff nurse as needed and assists in all emergency situations.
5. Reports attendance or Staff to Assistant Managers.
6. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
7. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
8. Maintains professional accountability by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate Degree
Experience: A minimum of two years of OR nursing experience. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!