NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: HR Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Designs and implements high-impact leadership and organizational development strategies that support and drive a culture of high engagement, performance, career growth and talent mobility across the organization. This role actively leads and engages HR colleagues and business leaders in developing strategies to improve attraction, performance and retention of exceptional talent.
1. Collaborates with HR colleagues and leaders to support and develop new innovative leadership and organizational development programs and processes to improve the engagement, performance and movement of talent across the system and gives us a sustainable competitive advantage. This includes development and management of talent profiles, career path, multi-source feedback, succession planning and talent reviews.
2. Works closely with system leaders to plan and implement change projects and strategies to support our strategic plan and organizational culture.
3. Assists implementing a learning and development strategy that addresses workforce capabilities, skills and competencies needed to support current and future system strategies.
4. Partners with HR colleagues and system leaders to identify needs and develop/facilitate leadership development strategies aligned to our integrated leadership and organizational development strategy.
5. Partners with HR colleagues and system leaders to use Organizational Development tools for building the system’s overall effectiveness and well-being of our employees through engagement efforts, retention strategies, team development and cultural efforts.
6. Conducts team building training, team facilitation, individual coaching and leadership team effectiveness sessions.
7. Carries out organization assessments, makes recommendations for change, helps design new structures and jobs, and works to redesign management and organization-wide processes to drive organizational effectiveness.
8. Supports our change management initiatives through robust readiness assessments, learnings and interventions designed to increase early adoption and ownership of change.
9. Acts as liaison with both internal and external resources to deliver organizational development and consulting support.
10. Collaborates across HR functions to ensure convergence in purpose and execution of Leadership Development, Organizational Development and Change initiatives.
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology or Business required. Master’s Degree preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: SHRM-SCP, SPHR and/or Organizational Development Certification preferred; Continuing leadership/participation in statewide/national level organizations.
3. Experience: Minimum of 7 years in a leadership role in Human Resources, Organizational Development and/or Leadership Development required. Experience in healthcare preferred. Experience in influencing and gaining commitment from leadership and other key stakeholders to the actions that will advance their goals and systems initiatives.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!