Works under direct supervision of Departmental management. Responsible for the inventory management and replenishment of par locations. Responsible for the storage, issues and delivery of stock/non-stock items and durable medical equipment to all departments at NHRMC. Participates in the daily and bi-annual cycle counts. Responsible for the delivery, collection and decontamination and cleaning of durable patient care equipment and reusable sterile linens used for patient care; care of traction hardware, and the manufacture of medical / surgical supply kits.
1. Counts and replenish par locations managed by Materials Management, including picking and delivery of supplies, while monitoring inventory levels to ensure availability of supplies.
2. Maintains the assigned area of the warehouse to ensure that product is stored in the distribution center properly by ensuring that all bin locations are labeled properly with the appropriate labels/charge sticker and rotates stock to ensure proper rotation.
3. Manages the Customer Service desk and perform the functions required, including: over the counter sales, routing requisitions, patient charges of specialty beds and braces, process STAT requests, route phone calls and intercept and resolve customer complaints.
4. Participates in cyclical and complete physical inventories. Works in conjunction with the Distribution Coordinator on all official inventories.
5. Operates folk lift and pallet jacks, monitoring operation of the equipment, reporting any service related Issues.
6. Collects and as appropriate distribute surgical and procedural instrument trays, minor moveable equipment and durable medical equipment. As needed and for appropriate equipment perform decontamination procedures, using appropriate department equipment in the process.
7. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.