NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12 HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Endoscopy Technician assists physicians and RN’s during Endoscopy procedures, room turnover, cleaning and assembly of equipment, and stocking supplies, and transporting of patients.
1. Assists physicians and RN’s during endoscopic, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures with technique appropriate to patient’s age and developmental stage.
2. Prepares, assembles, and cleans scopes, instruments, equipment, rooms for procedures according to established protocols.
3. Will perform routine clerical functions and data entry in scheduling procedures, filing procedure data and ensuring accuracy of patient identification.
4. Communicates in a positive and effective manner with members of the department and health care team and acts as liaison between department and other departments.
5. Performs other tasks or duties as identified & assigned by the charge RN, Coordinator or Manager.
6. May perform moderate of waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
7. Transports specimens as needed.
8. Assists/or performs PCT job duties.
9. Transports patients to and from the Endoscopy Department with technique appropriate to patient’s age and developmental stage.
* Cert Nursing Asst I
* High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in hospital or physician office setting as transporter, aide or other patient care related duties. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!