Physicist II - Radiation Oncology-16th St
1988 South 16Th St
Job ID: 3255
Date Posted: Jun 15, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Radiation Oncology
Department: Radiation Oncology-16th St
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Physicist II provides an expert knowledge of radiation properties, treatment planning and delivery techniques to advise dosimetrists, physicians and other members of the radiation oncology team on the safe and effective delivery of radiation therapy.
1. Generates treatment plans for patient treatments as needed.
2. Understands and advises physicians and therapists on proper patient simulation setup and treatment delivery techniques.
3. Follows necessary safety protocols to ensure safe and effective delivery of radiation treatment.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of current best practices for quality assurance.
5. Performs recommended quality assurance procedures to ensure the safe operation of radiation equipment.
6. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of equipment function and operation.
7. Regularly assesses current processes to ensure their effectiveness and continuous quality improvement.
8. Performs patient specific quality assurance procedures include ding but not limited to: Initial treatment plan checks, IMRT/SBRT/SRS QA, in-vivo dose measurements, Activities that are required to ensure the safe delivery of radiation treatments.
9. Provides special physics consults to radiation oncologists as needed.
10. Performs weekly chart checks in accordance with department policies.
11. Maintains continuing education and professional development.
12. Responsible and accountable for:
• Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control.
• Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety
• Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents injuries and property damage at the workplace
• Proper utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment
* Therapeutic Med Phys-ABR
* Masters Degree
1. Education: Graduate degree in medical physics or related field from an accredited program or completion of an accredited Medical Physics residency.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Certification in therapeutic medical physics from the ABR or ABMP
3. Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in radiation oncology physics. 5 years of progressive experience in radiation oncology physics preferred
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!