Licensed Massage Therapist - Fitness Center
2288 Shipyard Blvd
Job ID: 3142
Date Posted: Jun 3, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: Jack Barto Center for Fitness
Department: Fitness Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Licensed Massage Therapist is responsible for providing effective one-on-one professional massage and body treatments to members of The Employee Fitness Center. Massage Therapist may use various types of massage technique to satisfy the needs of their customers including trigger point, sports, deep tissue or Swedish massage. The Licensed Massage Therapist works under the direction of the Employee Fitness Center Manager and is an integral part of the team that encourages and improves the overall health of the organizations employees and eligible dependents. Must hold and maintain a current state of North Carolina Massage and Bodywork Certification.
1. Provides 1-on1 high quality personal massages at a rate established by NHRMC and EFC leadership exclusively for NHRMC Employee Fitness Center members only.
2. At times, may be contracted to provide personal massages as directed by the Employee Fitness Center Manager in support of an organization or EFC program.
2. Obtains the basic health information of client to assess their condition and ensure appropriate massage therapy.
3. Ensures clients feel welcome when they arrive for their appointments and satisfied when they leave.
4. Upholds the standards of sanitation and sterilization in accordance with the law, NHRMC and Employee Fitness Center policies and procedures.
5. Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the massage area, including the dressing rooms. Stocks supplies and exchanges linens in preparation for the next appointment.
6. Consults with the Fitness Center Manager as necessary to determine proper handling of members with complicated or rare medical conditions.
7. Arrives in a timely manner and demonstrates good preparedness for each massage session.
8. Continually monitors client during sessions to ensure good health and safety.
9. Reports any and all unusual occurrences, documenting such incidences, and presenting them to the facility Manager.
10. Actively participates in Employee Fitness Center team meetings to discuss facility services, issues and improvements.
* NC Licensed Massage Therapist
* Natl Cert Brd - Thrp Mess & BW
* High School Diploma
1. Education: High School Diploma
2. Licensure / Certifications: Current LMBT state certification required. NCBTMB preferred.
3. Experience: At least 500 hours Massage Therapy experience.
4. Possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
5. Have a working knowledge of standard practices and methods of massage therapy.
6. Have a flexible work schedule.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!