SERAC Logistics Specialist- NHRMC Grants
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 3169
Date Posted: May 24, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC Grants
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Logistics Specialist performs routine and minor maintenance on SERAC assets and equipment. Assists in the management of the inventory in the online inventory management system. This position is responsible for some oversight and coordination with routine volunteers that are available to assist in logistical needs of the State Medical Assistance team. This person is responsible for delivery of appropriate, discretionary and independent judgments
1. Maintains electronic inventory of SMAT equipment and supplies to ensure a 24/7 state of readiness.
2. Coordinates all aspects of fleet management for vehicles, trailers and equipment assigned to SMAT< SERAC and NHRMC (those specifically for disaster preparedness and response), with the capability of performing minor maintenance in-house when appropriate.
3. Capable of legally operating all SERAC prime-movers (tractor and trailer excluded) within one year of employment.
4. Maintains the SERAC ware house in a state of organization and cleanliness.
5. Responds appropriately using discretion and independent judgment to a wide variety of requests to maintain efficient and consistent levels of preparedness.
6. Ensures availability of uniform components and safety equipment for SMAT personnel.
7. Attends administrative staff meetings as scheduled.
8. Demonstrates a daily commitment to the values of the department. Participates in day-to day departmental activities and performs other duties and needed and assigned.
9. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently.
10. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of NHRMC on a daily basis.
11. Participates in meetings and activities as specified by the NCOEMS Statement of Work and NHRMC.
* Drivers License Class C
* High School Diploma
* Bachelors Degree
1. Education: High School or equivalent diploma/certificate
2. Licensure / Certifications: Current/valid State Drivers License within 30 days of employment, and meets NHRMCs driving requirements, DCL preferred; NC Licenses and certification within one year of hire.
3. Experience: Minimum of five years with a paid emergency service provider.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!