Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Plant Ops - Engineering Svcs
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
The Controls Technician Foreman works under the supervision of the Manager of Maintenance Services. This position is primarily responsible for maintenance and repair to controls systems and electronics throughout the system facilities (fire alarm system, nurse call, CCTV, radio / pager systems, overhead paging, etc.) to include scheduling preventive maintenance and work assignments, insuring adequate coverage, performing employee evaluations and general supervision and identification of training needs for the Controls Technicians. The Foreman must be self-motivated, display leadership skills, and possess an overall working knowledge of all the various control systems. The Foreman represents the Controls Technician group as part of the departmental leadership group for establishing priorities, goals, and PM development for the Controls group. In addition, the Controls Technician Foreman will act as point of contact for any construction projects dealing with control systems, and will serve as project manager on small controls related projects.
1. Responsible for insuring all necessary tasks/assignments are performed on his/her shift, this includes scheduled PM and repair technical support, code required testing, software and hardware system upgrades, system security, determining and justifying additions to system, and appropriate response to customer requests in regard to all electronic controls systems.
2. Directs and evaluates the efforts of other Controls Technicians on the shift as necessary to cover emergency and non-emergency repairs and ensure they are handled appropriately.
3. Performs annual performance reviews, assist the Maintenance Manager in addressing disciplinary issues and PM scheduling and development for the Plant Operator group.
4. Encourages Controls group to act as a resource for other staff in regard to electronics and controls related repairs, troubleshooting and will help to develop policy/procedure and training materials to facilitate education and training on various controls related topics.
5. Will act as a primary point of contact and resource person for construction projects that involve any of the various facility controls and electronics systems and will act as provide a designee to act as project manager on small controls/electronics related projects.
6. Is responsible for making sure all required documentation in regard to operations and maintenance is completed and submitted for that shift.
7. Responsible for ensuring that work performed in the facility by Facilities Services personnel as well as outside contractors is performed in a safe manner so as not to endanger those performing the work or any patients, visitors, or staff.
8. Is responsible for making sure facility is safe in regard to its alarm systems and for giving sufficient notification to the proper agencies when these systems are impaired in any way.
1. Education: Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent experience (Four years experience as a controls technician or six years controls related experience)
2. Licensure: None
3. Experience: Five years of experience with various controls systems in addition to educational requirement. Two or more years in a supervisory capacity preferred. Familiarity with fire alarm systems and various communications systems and associated applicable codes desirable.
Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.