NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Volunteer Services
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: MIXED HRS - Varied length shfts-Day-Eve-Nt
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Guest Services to provide a coordinated patient and visitor information and assistance program.
- Provides constant, positive public relations service for the hospital, explaining policies and procedures. Greets patients and visitors, giving directions and appropriate assistance..
- Operates the visitor security system, issuing printed badges to all visitors.
- Assumes responsibility for updates on facility or policy changes.
- Provides telephone-based patient information service, frequently receiving non-patient calls and assisting with transferring them to the appropriate departments.
- Provides general hospital information to visitor, outpatients and families, utilizing the computer as a patient information tool. Complies with all HIPAA and other confidentiality regulations.
- Available 7 days a week, including holidays. Schedule requirements may vary from week to week and day to day.
- Assumes responsibility as a team player, maintains schedule and substitutes as needed, in a manner that will provide adequate coverage.
- Assume responsibility as a team player, maintains schedule and substitutes as needed, in a manner that will provide adequate coverage for the front desk.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Reception, front desk or busy office experience preferred
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!