Mammographer (PRN) - NHRMC H&D Medical Mall
2243 S. 17Th Street
Job ID: 2992
Date Posted: May 27, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Health and Diagnostics
Department: NHRMC H&D Medical Mall
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Site Manager. Performs mammography and radiographic procedures on patients as ordered by a physician to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Understands and adheres to guidelines set forth in M.Q.S.A.
1. Performs mammograms and diagnostic radiographic procedures.
2. Documents all examinations by performing related duties such as labeling films, documenting procedure related information on the requisition and completing exam history sheet.
3. Performs related duties such as reporting equipment malfunctions, cleaning work area, restocking supplies.
4. Prepares X-Ray record jacket, places and removes films on viewer for interpretation by physician, organizes records for return to main department.
5. Provides patient and family members with needed examination information explaining procedures prior to their performance.
6. Performs quality control testing on equipment. Maintains records appropriately.
7. Participates in annual M.Q.S.A. inspection.
* Radiology Tech-Registered
* Associate Degree
Experience: 1 Year experience in general radiography. 1 year Mammography experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!