Exercise Physiologist I - Cardiac Rehabilitation
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 2982
Date Posted: May 10, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Cardiac Rehabilitation
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager/Coordinator. Assists with all aspects of Exercise and weight training programs. Assists with planning exercise prescriptions under the direction of the Medical Director and in collaboration with team. Together with multidisciplinary team develops individualized treatment plan (ITP) for program participants and documents patients’ progress and compliance with ITP. Aides in ITP and program modifications. Recognizes and reports non-compliance to multidisciplinary team and works for program improvement. Reports any health change or symptom to RN. Participates in professional responsibilities such as program development, and performance improvement programs. Provides patient consultation and assumes communicative role with other professionals.
1. Assists participants in identifying, establishing and maintaining exercise prescriptions and program goals.
2. Collaborates with team and physicians in developing safe, effective exercise environment
3. Provide safe, expert coaching to participants.
4. Evaluates participants’ response to exercise and advances exercise prescription along with medical director’s guidelines.
5. Appropriately communicate information in accordance to hospital polices and procedures.
6. Alerts nursing staff in emergency situations and in change in patient status.
7. May perform moderate of waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
8. Organizes and performs work effectively and efficiently
9. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
10. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of the medical center on a daily basis.
11. Performs duty as charge person.
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: Bachelor of Science in a Health related field such as Exercise Science, Health or Physical
2. Licensure / Certifications: AHA BCLS Certification required. ACLS preferred. Some departments have additional advanced CPR requirements as listed on staff annual education record.
3. Experience: 3-6 month’s internship with State accredited Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab program
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!