Imaging Scheduler - Radiology - Info Systems/Sched
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 2972
Date Posted: May 11, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Radiology - Info Systems/Sched
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - shift scheduled from 9:00am-5:30pm
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Department’s Operations Manager and Scheduling Coordinator. Coordinates the delivery of Central Scheduling services by assigning and prioritizing tasks. Accountable for quantity and quality of work in Central Scheduling. Performs all Central Scheduling functions.
1. Serves as the department scheduling agent by answering requests for information by telephone or refers request to staff member.
2. Answers and screens telephone calls; records and relays messages. Responds to inquiries and gives information based on the departmental policies.
3. Schedules patient visit, coordinating time according to type of procedure and staff time; directs patients to appropriate imaging service for scheduled appointments.
4. Completes patient-scheduling services accurately as ordered.
5. Establishes, maintains and revises recordkeeping and filing systems.
6. Gathers data from departmental records. Prepares charts and forms; operates computer terminal to input and retrieve data.
7. Greets patients, office staff and others via telephone in friendly, professional manner.
8. Provides patient preparations as appropriate.
9. Maintain equipment and inventory of supplies needed for departmental work.
10. Maintain professional standards by participating in in-services, committees, and staffing needs.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Basic computer skills with preference to candidate with knowledge of a Radiology Information system. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!