Pharmacy Resident - Pharmacy
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 2912
Date Posted: May 8, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Under the supervision of the Residency Coordinator, Residency Program Director, Director of Pharmacy Services or designated Manager, this position completes an organized, directed, postgraduate training program that centers on development of the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed to pursue rational drug therapy. NATURE AND SCOPE: This position is designed to meet the ""American Society of Hospital Pharmacists (ASHP) accreditation standard for a PGY1 or PGY2 residency.
1. Rotate through predetermined services, providing direct patient care including identifying and resolving drug-related problems
2. Complete a clinical service or research project designed to improve pharmacy services or achieve a specific research objective.
3. Complete a “staffing” commitment designed to assure that the resident can function as a pharmacist within the institution. (24 hours/month). It is expected that PGY1 residents will meet all criteria of a Tier I Pharmacist.
4. Prepare a manuscript for publication and write for departmental newsletters
5. Provide in-services and conferences to the Pharmacy Department and other health care professionals.
6. Assist in the recruitment efforts of the department and the residency program.
7. Attend scheduled department meetings and participate in hospital committees.
8. Assist in the education of pharmacy students.
9. Evaluate and will be evaluated by a corresponding preceptor for each rotation.
10. Participate in a community outreach activity on a quarterly basis.
* Pharmacist PhD
1. Education: Graduation from a School of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education with a PharmD degree.
2. Licensure/Certifications: Registration and licensure by the State of North Carolina as a pharmacist within 60 days of the start of orientation. See resident licensure policy for details.
3. Experience: None
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!