NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Emergency Department
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.900000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 12HR ROT - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Reports to Nurse Manager and RN Coordinators and works under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) or delegated LPN. Responsible for customer relations at initial and ongoing contact with patients, their families, visitors, physicians, and other customers. Provides a variety of clerical duties associated with daily operations on the nursing unit. Actively participates in all aspects of the rehabilitation process as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Supports LEAN activities and adapts to changing environment to meet patient and department needs. Advocates for NHRMC, department, patients, and coworkers.
1. Welcome patients and their families to the Rehab hospital and provide orientation to the unit and the services provided.
2. Performs clerical functions including acting as receptionist for persons telephoning or arriving on the rehabilitation unit, performing inventory control, ordering supplies or equipment, and other similar operational activities. Requires minimal to no oversight to complete responsibilities in timely and thorough manner.
3. Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment in office, storage, and treatment areas.
4. Adheres to NHRMC policies/procedures and standards established by CMS, Accrediting Agency, CARF, and/or other regulatory agencies.
5. Demonstrates accountability by participating in education, training, LEAN and quality improvement efforts, councils/workgroups, and/or advocacy efforts.
* General Education Degree
Experience: Experience preferred. Prefer knowledge/experience with medical terminology. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!