NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy. Manages and coordinates day-to-day planning, evaluation and operation of the Pharmacy Department.
1. Develop and implement Pharmacy programs that are consistent with the Medical Center’s mission plan and goals.
2. Provide day-to-day supervision of the department including making work schedules and disciplinary actions when needed.
3. Assist in employee evaluations
4. Responsible for coordinating training and orientation of new Pharmacy employees, including AHEC and schools of pharmacy students.
5. Will be able to perform all duties required of staff pharmacists including routine staffing and clinical services.
6. Responsible for collecting, compiling and distributing information to staff on departmental QA reviews, periodic DUE’s, and P&T Committee actions.
7. Participates in the interviewing, and hiring of all pharmacy staff.
8. Develops guidelines for appropriate use of medications in the Medical Center
9. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments and medical staff
10. In the absence of the director will be responsible, with other managers, for the management of Pharmacy Services and decisions.
* Bachelor of Science
Education: Graduation from a School of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education with a Baccalaureate or PharmD degree.
Licensure/Certifications: Current registration and licensure by the State of North Carolina as a pharmacist.
Experience: 2 years in hospital pharmacy or 1 year hospital residency.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!