NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Noninvasive Cardiology Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Manager of Noninvasive Cardiology, coordinates delivery of Echocardiography Ultrasound services to pediatric and adult patients by assigning technologists work, scheduling patients, checking quality of studies, expert in digital reporting and archiving system, oversees ICAEL pediatric accreditation process, serves as liaison for physicians, assists in budget development and equipment selection.
1. Responsible for Echocardiography Ultrasound personnel schedules to include shift rotation, call and PDO. 2. Oversee the daily operation of the Echocardiography Ultrasound Lab and ensures patients are worked into schedule. 3. Oversees all shifts. This will include working these shifts on a regular rotation to be determined by the Noninvasive Cardiac Services Manager. 4. Works ‘on call’ as needed to meet the staffing needs of the department. 5. Responsible for training, counseling, teaching, and as appropriate, aides in the discipline of employees in the Echocardiography Ultrasound section. 6. Checks quality of Echocardiography Ultrasound scans to be reviewed by Cardiologists. 7. May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines. 8. System expert for digital reporting and archiving systems 9. System expert on ultrasound machines. 10. Act as liaison between Cardiologists and Technologists. 11. Responsible for implementing and maintaining up-to-date scan protocols in conjunction with Cardiologists. 12. Keep Echocardiography Ultrasound personnel abreast of protocol changes and updates. 13. Consults with Cardiologists when problems arise with patient procedures. 14. Responsible for documentation of quality control indicators and reporting equipment issues. 15. Serves in a recommending role for hiring personnel. 16. Collaborative with Manager on employee evaluations. 17. Interact with other areas of the Cardiology Department and network in order to provide optimal patient care. 18. Apprise and consult with Cardiology Director and other management staff regarding issues affecting patient care and well being and Cardiology Department goals. 19. Monitor, ordering and use of all supplies in the Echocardiography Ultrasound section.
* Reg Diag Cardiac Sonographer
* Associate Degree
1. Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Completion of an accredited degree program for echocardiography or work experience recommended by the approved licensing agency. 2. Licensure / Certifications: BLS required. PALS certification strongly preferred. Registered through the American Registry of Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographers (RDCS) required. Pediatric Echo Specialty Registry required for Pediatric Modality 3. Experience: Three to five years experience required in the modality.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence. Performs other duties as assigned. Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!