NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: NHRMC Cafeteria
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.800000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR ROTATE - Rotating shifts
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Food Service Coordinators, Food and Nutrition Management. Responsible for the production of assigned menu items for patients, cafeteria, and catered meals.
1. Demonstrates a daily commitment to meeting or exceeding the established Standards of Performance.
2. Prepares assigned menu items for patient meals according to room service production and guidelines.
3. Daily preparation for room service meal periods to encompass all menu items available to patients through room service and house diets.
4. Cleans and prepares fresh meats and vegetables by washing, peeling, slicing, etc., using equipment such as peelers, slicers, knives, etc.
5. Combines ingredients and cooks into finished food items such as hot/cold foods using equipment such as ovens, fryers, refrigerators, etc.
6. Works in conjunction with expeditor on the a la carte line for patients, ensuring timely and accurate preparation of patient meal room service orders.
7. Inventories and portions menu items according to recipes and requisition sheets.
8. Cleans machinery and work area according to established cleaning schedules.
9. Stores food items and cleaning chemicals according to department procedures.
10. Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with all members of the team.
11. Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
12. Maintains and adjusts personal schedule to enhance team performance.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Two years in restaurant or institutional food service. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!