NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: HR Operations
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Responsible for accurate and timely employment process and programs for NHRMC, NHRMC Physician Group, Pender Memorial Hospital and NHRMC Home Care. Manages processes to ensure legal compliance as well as compliance with the current accrediting agency.
1. Develops and implements plans for ongoing employment techniques that will meet short and long range staffing plans in a timely, legal and cost efficient manner.
2. Manage Employment Specialists , HR Assistant and Support Associate to ensure timely and accurate recruitment processes and programs in accordance with hospital policies/practices and local, state & federal laws. Assures excellent customer service is being provided by the Employment Team.
3. Performs regular and comprehensive audits to ensure compliance with Joint Commission and local, state and federal laws.
4. Handles applicant/customer concerns of the most serious in nature. Works with Employment Specialist and HR Assistants to develop tactics for problem resolution and skill development.
5. Ensures that salary offers are appropriate/competitive and maintain internal equity within the organization.
6. Ensures that weekly, bi-weekly, monthly employment and ad hoc reports are distributed accurately and timely.
7. Oversees vendor manager of employment vendors (ie, Position Manager, background check provider, temporary agencies, travelers, Shiftwise, Skills Survey, Linked In and Advertising agencies).
8. Oversees processes related to obtaining and managing agency and travel personnel.
9. Manages the formal Internship Program for the organization.
10. Manages all major employment initiatives including but not limited to advertising/sourcing initiatives and retention initiatives.
11. Manages processes to ensure that required licensure/certifications for new and current employees are up-to-date per NHRMC’s Licensure/Certification Policy.
12. Oversees immigration issues by working with NHRMC legal counsel.
13. Develops and maintains expertise in internal and external human resource policies.
14. Interprets policies consistently and timely among departments.
15. Uses LEAN methodologies to find efficiencies in the Employment and other HR related functions.
16. Assumes budget responsibility for the Employment function.
* Bachelor of Science
1. Education: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Personnel Management or related field required. Masters Degree preferred.
2. Licensure / Certifications: PHR/SPHR preferred.
3. Experience: Minimum of 7 years i in human resources with demonstrated knowledge of employment required. 3-5 years experience in managing/supervising a staff required. Experience in healthcare human resources preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.Performs other duties as assigned.Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!