MT Supervisor-CHA - NHMG - Autumn Hall Lab
510 Carolina Bay Drive
Job ID: 2686
Date Posted: Jun 11, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Department: NHMG - Autumn Hall Lab
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Under the general direction of the Laboratory Director. MT Supervisors are responsible for the procurement of blood and analytical evaluation of blood and other body fluids. All tests must be performed with accuracy and precision. Supervisors must have working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation including operation, maintenance and troubleshooting. Must perform and record data from quality control procedures. MT Supervisors are expected to participate in the education program of the laboratory and must have the ability to make decisions and solve problems.
1. Follow established procedures for collecting and processing biological Specimens for analysis
2. Conducts chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
3. Studies blood cells, their numbers, and morphology.
4. Analyzes test results and enter findings in computer.
5. Performs quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
6. Engages in medical research under direction of the Laboratory Manager.
7. Performs routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
8. Verifies instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
9. Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
10. Trains new employees.
11. Supervises Laboratory Assistants and Phlebotomists
12. Assumes responsibility for the day to day operations of the laboratory and phlebotomy departments under the direction of the Laboratory Manager.
13. Responsible for the primary review of weekly and monthly quality control.
14. Performs performance appraisals of supervised staff.
15. Performs disciplinary actions as necessary for supervised staff.
16. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
17. Maintains inventory and supplies.
18. Performs monthly Quality Assurance projects.
19. Plans assigns and directs work of assigned staff.
* Medical Technologist
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: 3+ Year of experience as Medical Technologist in Clinical laboratory testing performed in a highly complex lab setting required. 1+ years of supervisory experience preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!