Reporting directly to the Chief of Company Police, the Lieutenant is responsible for and oversees the daily police/security functions of the organization. Performs activities to ensure the safety and security of patients, visitors, employees, Medical Staff, and NHRMC property. Supervises assigned squad personnel to ensure that all required and assigned duties/responsibilities are accomplished. Enforces NC State Laws as appropriate and in accordance to NC General Statues on company property. Enforces company policies procedures, laws, regulations and directives as appropriate for the position. Develops court and work schedules and ensures training functions are completed. Regularly performs the duties of a Company Police Officer and other duties as assigned. In his/her absence, may be assigned to perform duties of the Chief of Company Police.
1. Coordinates daily operations of the Company Police/Security team. Promotes team effort and unity when working with the Communications Center, other members of NHRMC and external organizations.
2. Supervises / coordinates Company Police squad operational, administrative, training, and logistical matters to ensure compliance with existing policies and procedures; supports the objectives and missions of NHRMC.
3. Completes and maintains documentation for annual performance appraisals. Counsels and conducts employee performance conferences and disciplinary actions.
4. Monitors attendance and daily performance of assigned employees.
5. Makes recommendations concerning new hires, promotions, demotions and dismissals of personnel.
6. Initiates appropriate actions to ensure compliance with all Security Management functions, along with appropriate State, County and City laws / ordinances, pertaining to incidents occurring in/or around NHRMC property.
7. Coordinates with required NHRMC agencies to affect the timely resolution of situations, which will reduce overall liability issues in the execution of required duties and responsibilities.
8. Establish and maintain rapport with internal and external contacts at all levels of NHRMC and outside agencies to include state and local law enforcement agencies; other Healthcare facilities, Medical Examiners, and recognized professional organizations to promote NHRMC’s image and philosophy.
9. Accomplishes projects as assigned; serves as member or chairperson on committees and boards in the development of projects and study of specific issues requiring a proposal or concept.
10. Responsible for complying to provisions of the NHRMC Security Management Program to ensure compliance with CMS and DNV standards.
11. Must attend all training mandated by NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards annually to include training mandated by Company Police / NHRMC.