The Criminal Investigator works under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager or Company Police. The Criminal Investigator is responsible for all investigations of criminal activity at the Network. Manages the system for uniforms, impact weapons and other associated police equipment.
1. Manages an investigative caseload which involves determining violations of criminal statutes; interview victims and witnesses; analyzes documents; writes reports, summaries, and documents to be presented in court; arrests and interrogates offenders; provides testimony in Grand Jury, District Court and Superior Court.
2. Reviews documents submitted by subordinates to insure preparedness for the District Attorneys Office.
3. Conducts internal investigations as directed by the Chief and reports findings directly to the Chief.
4. Maintains a working knowledge of management, policies/procedures, and SOPs.
5. Responsible for uniforms, impact weapons and other associated police equipment systems. Coordinates requests for preventative maintenance/repairs of equipment and vehicles.
6. Develops and maintains department equipment, supplies, provisions for disaster planning.
7. Knowledgeable of city, county, state and federal laws and ordinances, taking appropriate actions in compliance with these laws and ordinances. Keeps the Officers informed of changes in applicable ordinances and/or local, state, and federal laws.
8. Provides backup to Officers if there are unusual events requiring additional Officers. Serves as designee to assist Chief with management on call twenty-four hours a day.