The Physical Security Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager of Campus Police. This position is a technical lead for implementing and supporting enterprise applications and/or systems to support the Campus Police department to ensure our organization excels at accomplishing our mission. This includes: creating operational plans, conducting physical security risk assessments, supporting enterprise applications to ensure Campus Police effectively mitigate physical risks to our patients, employees, providers and visitors. Successful candidates will be proficient with supporting applications, Campus Police Operations, hands-on, capable of working independently, and able to drive strategic objectives, customer issues and projects to completion with limited supervision. Responsible as a Liaison on behalf of Campus Police when working with Operational and Clinical departments.
1. Primary Campus Police Liaison responsible for establishing, building, and maintaining strong, effective partnerships with key stakeholders in Legal, HR, Cyber Security, Risk Management, Supply Chain, Information Technology, and other business units.
2. Establish and accomplish security - safety objectives that support New Hanover Regional Medical Center's business initiatives.
3. Ensure that proposed and existing Campus Police Enterprise solutions are aligned and driven with organizational business goals and objectives and that requirements driving overall solutions are managed consistently and effectively.
4. Assess risk factors and limitations of current systems, and identify areas of opportunity for mitigating these risks and limitations, and improving overall system efficiency and performance.
5. Actively participate in Information Services’ change management process regarding all changes needed to Campus Police Applications and systems.
6. Review technologies, tools, and services, and make recommendations to the Campus Police Leadership and team for their use based on security, financial and operational metrics.
7. Technical lead for performing daily application/system health checks, reviewing, testing, and implementing upgrades and/or patches for Campus Police applications and/or application modules to achieve the desired business needs. Responsible for ensuring appropriate integration with other enterprise applications.
8. Facilitate/Lead and/or participate in meetings with application vendors, key stake holders, and/or committees to review, approve and implement enterprise solutions to support the organization’s mission.
9. Build and maintain cross-functional relationships that positively influence key stakeholders and promote employee security, safety, and compliance acceptance system-wide.
10. Perform investigations in partnership with Legal, HR, Risk Management, and other groups as required for policy violations, worker misconduct, criminal activity, workplace threats, and other potential risks.
11. Partner with HR to support new hire onboarding with all badging operations and orientation.
12. Participate in emergency or disaster exercises with colleagues throughout the organization and incorporate lessons-learned into practices.
13. Ensure ongoing Physical Security Risk Assessments for all New Hanover Regional Medical Center properties and operations are completed according to requirements, identify gaps and risks, and create action/mitigation plans as required.
14. Coordinate/provide physical security management support at major New Hanover Regional Medical Center events supporting the Executive Committee, HR Team, and/or other business units.
15. Operational Management Includes the Following: • Physical Security Operations and Administration, Physical Internal/External Threat Management, Travel Security, Executive Protection, Event Security, Security Incident Management - Reporting, Physical Security Management Systems, and Related Workplace Security Technology Service/Support.
16. Provides backup to Company Police and other related duties as required.