With a primary concentration on teamwork, integrity, and continuous improvement of current processes, the Company Police Training Coordinator holds the title of Lieutenant and reports to the Operations Manager, Company Police and is responsible for the development and delivery of departmental and organizational wide education programs as identified to support professional law enforcement and security officer development, along with security/safety training programs for all hospital personnel. Responsible for oversight of departmental staff orientation, ensuring staff success in completing mandatory certification courses, NC Criminal Justice Mandatory In-service Training, required hospital education, and maintaining staff education records.
1. Leads the development of education programs to ensure that competency is maintained according to the guidelines of the NC Department of Justice, Training and Standards Division and NHRMC requirements appropriate for the specific Company Police employee’s position description. Assists with department staff development to attain higher levels of quality, along with continuous and professional improvement. Provides coaching / remediation as indicated.
2. Responsible for maintaining state mandated law enforcement education and hospital education files to ensure they are complete and accurate in detail, and are kept current in the department’s database system for record keeping purposes.
3. Is the Performance Improvement Officer (PIO) for Company Police.
4. Serves as the Field Training Supervisor for the Company Police’s Field Training Officer program.
5. Actively participates on assigned departmental and hospital committees.
6. Responsible for maintaining and delivery of the new employee initial training program. Reviews and revises on an annual basis.
7. Identifies and updates continuing education requirements in order to maintain compliance with all accrediting, regulating and credentialing agencies.
8. Facilitates obtaining required certifications for staff.
9. Consistently demonstrates professional behavior and performs proactive interventions which support the Mission, Vision and Values of NHRMC and this department.
10. Functions as a resource for dissemination of new information and problem resolution and evaluates new products and equipment.
11. Participates in the interview process and provides input for hiring decisions.
12. Contributes input to education components of Staff Performance Evaluations in cooperation with the Captain and Sergeants.
13. Regularly assists operations to maintain departmental needs (as assigned). Maintains all knowledge, skills, and competencies to perform in this role. (Refer to North Carolina State Mandated Certification Requirements for sworn law enforcement personnel).
14. Will develop and deliver in-house staff safety programs to align with the Safe & Secure Plan for hospital-based staff education.
15. Will be available to respond to major casualties and incidents as assigned.