The Operations Manager (rank of Company Police Major) of Company Police works with the Director, Company Police collaboratively across NHRMC to create a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, volunteers, staff and physicians accessing organizational services. The Operations Major assists the Director, Company Police in planning, implementation, management and delivery of police/security services for all of NHRMC. Responsible for investigation of breaches; assists with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches. Ensures the day-to-day operations align with the strategic and operational goals for the Medical Center. Works with appropriate regulatory agencies to maintain Company Police Agency status. Identifies and eliminates security risks through the development and implementation of an integrated security approach that considers a blend of staff training, systems solutions and police/security staffing. Develops and maintains professional relationships with key internal/external stakeholders. Assists in all security related projects involving security technologies, such as access control, video analytics, duress alarms, infant monitoring and visitor management. Responsible for investigation of breaches; assists with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches. Engages in all healthcare and Company Police Agency compliance standards to include being an active participant in the hospital’s Environment of Care, as well as all Centers of Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and DNV. Participates in various internal councils, committees and process improvement teams. Maintains relationships with police, EMS and other local business partners.
1. Provides on-going leadership, coaching and feedback to team members.
2. Sets performance expectations and goals within the parameters of each team member’s job description, appropriate to the team member; identifies and oversees appropriate developmental opportunities.
3. Establishes strategic relationships with leaders throughout the system.
4. Actively participates in appropriate leadership meetings, developing strategic recommendations to help improve NHRMC’s security and safety program.
5. Continuously identifies and recommends new opportunities to provide additional value to the system in a manner that is consistent with the systems goals and objectives.
6. Maintains compliance with all healthcare safety and security based regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to DNV, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, state/federal rules and requirements.
7. Develops and maintains partnerships with community partners. (e.g. Law Enforcement, EMS)
8. Develops and updates the Company Police documentation program. This includes, but is not limited to policies, procedures and training documents.
9. Provides backup to Officers if there are unusual events requiring additional Officers. Serves as designee to assist Chief with management on call twenty-four hours a day.
10. Works with the Director, Company Police on program development. Serves as a lead resource to senior management in the event of a crisis affecting any of the medical center’s locations, personnel or the New Hanover Regional Medical Center brand.