Lab Technical Asst II - Lab - Outpatient Lab
This job posting is no longer active.
2131 South 17Th Street
Job ID: 2381
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Lab - Outpatient Lab
Full Time Equivalent: 1.0 (Total based on 50/50 split with Job #2382 - Patient Access Technician)
Work Type: 32 to 47 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Technical Assistant II works under the supervision of the department manager and the Lead Technical Assistant to perform a variety of clinical and clerical duties associated with the registration and laboratory testing of patients. The TA II is responsible for specimen collection and performing EKGs in the Outpatient Laboratory department. They are responsible for order verification and placement as well as processing specimens delivered by patients and clients. The TA II facilitates timely and appropriate specimen preparation to facilitate transport to the testing laboratory. They serve as the primary link between the laboratory and the patient. The TA II interacts with physicians, guests, patients and family members, and other Medical Center staff.
- Prepares the patient in a developmentally appropriate manner; properly identifies the patient; collects and processes specimens and EKG tracings.
- Receives, interprets, and processes physician orders for laboratory procedures.
- Perform accurate data entry into hospital and laboratory information systems
- Performs clerical/computer duties as assigned.
- Provides patient and family with verbal and written instructions as appropriate.
- Maintains equipment, supplies, and work area per IPC standards
- Maintains and promotes customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with team members.
- Contributes to the effectiveness of the department program of services.
- Perform daily QC for glucose meter and perform POCT on same.
- May perform moderate or waived point of care testing per CLIA guidelines.
* Cert Phlebotomist
* General Education Degree
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Licensure / Certifications: National phlebotomy certification preferred. Regional phlebotomy certification or national medical assistant/nursing assistant certification acceptable.
Experience: One year experience in a related healthcare setting preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!