Works under the supervision of the Director of Retail & Specialty Pharmacy. Manages and coordinates day-to-day planning, evaluation and operation of Retail and Specialty pharmacy locations.
Retail & Specialty Pharmacy (RSP) Services scope includes all retail and specialty pharmacy locations within the NHRMC health system. In addition, all ambulatory and specialty disease state management pharmacists are within this department.
The clinical manager will design, implement and manage pharmacy clinical programs across ambulatory, retail pharmacy and specialty settings to promote patient care.
Settings for the development of clinical programs include: discharge patient services, primary care and specialty provider practices (currently includes HIV, Cardiac, Oncology, Rheumatology, Neurology, GI, Pulmonary, Peds.).
The clinical manager will also work with NHRMC team members to effectively manage clinical programs for health plan members and population health initiatives. The RSP clinical manager will also coordinate/precept pharmacy student and resident clinical experiences.
Overarching goal for this position, which aligns with our organizational mission, is to improve the quality of pharmacy clinical services for members of our community outside the four walls of the hospital. With this goal, the number one job responsibility is to enable delivery of the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time and assist staff with understanding how he or she contributes to the health system's vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
1. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of NHRMC on a daily basis.
2. Develop and implement Pharmacy programs that are consistent with the Medical Center’s mission plan and goals.
3. Provide day-to-day supervision of the department including making work schedules, inventory management, and disciplinary actions when needed.
4. Assist in/oversee/deliver employee evaluations.
5. Responsible for coordinating training and orientation of new employees.
6. Perform all duties required of staff pharmacists including routine staffing and clinical services.
7. Responsible for collecting, compiling and distributing information to staff on departmental QA reviews, operational metrics and patient safety consistent with safe, efficient pharmacy operation.
8. Responsible for monitoring departmental budget and financial responsibilities.
9. Participates in the interviewing, and ultimately responsible for hiring of all pharmacy staff.
10. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments and medical staff.
11. In the absence of the director will be responsible, with other managers, for the management and decisions of Retail and Specialty Pharmacy Services.
12. Oversight of clinical decision-making as well as operational aspects of program.
13. Periodic consultation with practitioners in the field as necessary.
14. Develop qualified clinicians accountable to the organization for decisions affecting consumers/patients.
15. Member of the Quality Management Committee for Specialty Pharmacy operations.
16. Responsible for maintaining compliance with URAC and ACHC accreditation requirements.
17. Perform yearly reviews of Standard Work and Policies via PolicyStat.
18. Develop and oversee at least (2) ongoing Quality Improvement Plans as required for Specialty pharmacy accreditation standards.
* Bachelor of Science
Education: Graduation from a School of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education with a Baccalaureate or PharmD degree.
Licensure/Certifications: Current registration and hold an unrestricted licensure by the State of North Carolina as a pharmacist.
Experience: At least (2) year post-graduate experience in patient care, consisting of at least 2 years in hospital pharmacy or 1-year hospital residency.
Qualifications sufficient to perform clinical oversight for the services provided.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.