NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Outpatient - Pharmacy
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STANDARD HOURS
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Director of Retail & Specialty Pharmacy. Manages and coordinates day-to-day planning, evaluation and operation of Retail and Specialty pharmacy locations.
1. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of NHRMC on a daily basis.
2. Develop and implement Pharmacy programs that are consistent with the Medical Center’s mission plan and goals.
3. Provide day-to-day supervision of the department including making work schedules, inventory management, and disciplinary actions when needed.
4. Assist in/oversee/deliver employee evaluations.
5. Responsible for coordinating training and orientation of new employees.
6. Perform all duties required of staff pharmacists including routine staffing and clinical services.
7. Responsible for collecting, compiling and distributing information to staff on departmental QA reviews, operational metrics and patient safety consistent with safe, efficient pharmacy operation.
8. Responsible for monitoring departmental budget and financial responsibilities.
9. Participates in the interviewing, and ultimately responsible for hiring of all pharmacy staff.
10. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments and medical staff.
11. In the absence of the director will be responsible, with other managers, for the management and decisions of Retail and Specialty Pharmacy Services.
12. Oversight of clinical decision-making as well as operational aspects of program.
13. Periodic consultation with practitioners in the field as necessary.
14. Develop qualified clinicians accountable to the organization for decisions affecting consumers/patients.
15. Member of the Quality Management Committee for Specialty Pharmacy operations.
16. Responsible for maintaining compliance with URAC and ACHC accreditation requirements.
17. Perform yearly reviews of Standard Work and Policies via PolicyStat.
18. Develop and oversee at least (2) ongoing Quality Improvement Plans as required for Specialty pharmacy accreditation standards.
* Bachelor of Science
Education: Graduation from a School of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education with a Baccalaureate or PharmD degree.
Licensure/Certifications: Current registration and hold an unrestricted licensure by the State of North Carolina as a pharmacist.
Experience: At least (2) year post-graduate experience in patient care, consisting of at least 2 years in hospital pharmacy or 1-year hospital residency.
Qualifications sufficient to perform clinical oversight for the services provided.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!