Virtual Business Internship
This job posting is no longer active.
3151 S. 17Th Street
Date Posted: Feb 24, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: HR Internship Program
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Interns will be assigned to a specific department in which they will be given the opportunity to learn about healthcare. Interns gain unique insight and experience as they work along side experienced staff in the area that they specialize. In addition to attending regularly scheduled meetings with the department, the intern is responsible for directing a number of special projects. Projects are selected by the department manager/director. The student will benefit by applying what they have learned in the classroom to practical situations, and by having several opportunities to develop professionally.
1. Assisting the department and team with assigned tasks and specific projects, as well as completing tasks in “Student’s Measurable Learning Objectives.”
2. Training within the department
3. Attends department meetings and other opportunities for learning
4. Will present on a project at the completion of internship
* Associate Degree
* General Education Degree
* Post Secondary-2 Yrs College
Experience: None. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!