NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: New Hanover Health
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
The Healthcare Business Intelligence and Medical Economics Analyst will support processes and initiatives that address healthcare cost and utilization trends for New Hanover Health various stakeholders and business divisions. The Healthcare Business Intelligence and Medical Economics Analyst will utilize decision support tools to identify trends, burdens of illness, and variations in effectiveness of programs within the organization. Gathers and analyzes healthcare data from multiple sources (e.g. insurance processing, clinical operations, patient behavior) to extract trends and business insights. The analyst oversees and effectively manages daily operations of the Business Intelligence area.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Business Intelligence staff and ensuring that policies, practices, procedures and standards are followed.
- Understand health care operations and systems
- Develop expertise in decision support analysis tools to create reports and drill down data to identify trends and root causes for trends and/or variations in healthcare data.
- Pull and integrate data from disparate sources (e.g. cost and claims or clinical data)
- Delve into data to discover discrepancies and patterns
- Develop customized ad hoc reports to answer a variety of business questions, such as determining the financial impact of certain initiatives, identifying key medical, pharmacy and dental cost drivers, and reporting on cost and quality performance metrics.
- Build models that capture a wide range of health care operations
- Suggest ways to both increase healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Collaborate with management and internal teams to implement and evaluate improvements
- Develop and implement tools for clinicians to effectively and efficiently manage subsets of their patient populations.
- Accountability for developing reports for quality indicators for assigned population measures and programs, consistent with the strategic quality goals; develop quality, safety, reliability and customer satisfaction metrics and analytics.
- Prepare data for presentation materials as needed by each covered department, Leadership, and external partners.
- Present the data in a compelling way that highlights the opportunities at hand, whether in making comparison to benchmarks, pointing out anomalies, displaying trends over time, or using other creative analytical tools.
- Conduct in-depth analysis such as member utilization, provider practice patterns, examination of complex data relationships, and use of statistical techniques to measure impact of various actions/results.
- Respect privacy and dignity of members, patients, family members, and co-workers.
- Follow applicable regulations: Joint Commission, OSHA, HIPAA, and CLIA.
- Serves and protects the practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and The Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organization standards.
- Perform other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description.
* Bachelors Degree
1.Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience in Healthcare Administration, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Public Health or similar discipline.
3.Experience: Five (5) years’ experience in Healthcare, Health Information Technology (HIT), Managed Care Consulting, Public Health
4.Working knowledge of statistical application and interpretive analysis tools (e.g. trend analysis, spreadsheets, comparisons, graphs, summary versus detail charts, drill down, correlations, exception analysis)
5.Proficiency in MS Office Suite, SQL, and have working knowledge of computerized accounting.
6.Must have excellent attention to detail
7.Strong project management, organization, and analytical skills
8.Be self-motivated and have the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
9.Strong customer services skills and maintain an effective and positive working relationship with staff and customers
10.Excellent oral and written communication skills – be able to provide information in a clear and concise manner; good interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!