NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Nursing Educators
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
The Senior Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator serves as the system administrator for the organization’s LMS which is utilized by all staff members and departments. This position is responsible for and works in conjunction with IS in development, implementation, troubleshooting, system upgrades and maintenance to ensure maximum performance.
Manages the day to day operations by providing ongoing support to all users which includes education and resolving technical issues. Utilizes the system to build and maintain courses, curricula, classes and reports.
Develops and implements processes and procedures and conducts audits to ensure data integrity. Develops and provides training and resources to department level administrators and end users.
Partners with instructional designers and developers to deploy and implement eLearning courses.
1. Utilizes critical thinking skills and technical knowledge to troubleshoot issues.
2. Provides technical and course support to the organization’s online learners and department administrators.
3. Documents recurring issues to provide ends users and internal Help Desk with FAQs to assist users and minimize support requirements.
4. Develops training programs and manuals to advance the LMS knowledge of its end users.
5. Ensures that all appropriate training documentation is adequately maintained and managed according to procedures.
6. Performs system maintenance including event and curriculum building, scheduling sessions, uploading courses and extracting report data.
7. Create, manage and enforce LMS system standards, policies and procedures.
8. Partners with leadership, course owners, learning professionals and other stakeholders to ensure effective administration of LMS.
9. Maintains open communication and builds strong relationships to successfully execute role.
10. Identifies and makes recommendations for updates/upgrades to current LMS technologies and coordinates the release management process including training and user acceptance.
11. Creates and publishes custom reports regarding compliance and eLearning programs (i.e. The Joint Commission).
12. Runs system reports on key learning metrics and provides data to upper management, when required.
13. Tracks and analyzes usage of the LMS by creating, running and distributing reports.
14. Conducts training and provides support as needed to end users in various capacities- i.e. one-on-one, group, or classroom via remote access, desk side or over the phone.
15. Manages roles, securities, and accesses associated with LMS access for various users.
16. Establishes user and administrator accounts and maintain appropriate access.
17. Monitors any email accounts or course-related discussion boards to ensure that questions/issues are being addressed.
18. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
19. Solicits and analyzes feedback from users to recommend improvements to the LMS.
20. Develop and maintain documentation for new or existing technology products as needed.
21. Assists, as needed, with evaluating and selecting new vendor services.
22. Provides on-going audits of LMS to ensure a robust and user friendly system.
23. Develops online learning modules in conjunction with subject matter experts.
24. Establishes and maintains system standards and usage policies.
25. Develops and facilitates other classroom instruction/in-services as needed.
26. Conducts on-going evaluation of educational programs and services provided.
27. Maintains organizations LMS web page; keeping current and accurate.
28. Maintains and adjusts schedule to enhance team performance.
* Bachelor of Science
Experience: 2-3 years’ demonstrated experience administering and training on a LMS system such as HealthCare Source NetLearning. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!