Pacemaker/ICD I Tech - CHA - Cape Fear Heart Associates
1415 Physicians Drive
Job ID: 2052
Date Posted: Mar 5, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Cape Fear Heart Associates
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Responsible for assisting with external pacemaker and defibrillator testing and related patient care. Responsible for all clerical duties relating to device charts, appointments and follow up of device patients within the practice. Conveys a positive image of the clinic. May be assigned to specific clinical area (e.g., pacemaker lab, laboratory, check-in, special testing) to assist with patient care. Demonstrates excellent customer service and telephone skills when dealing with patients, referring physician offices and the Central Billing Office both in person and on the telephone.
- Explains procedures and testing preparation to patients using appropriate patient education materials.
- Performs diagnostics on patients (stat and non-stat) in competent and caring manner.
- Explains to patient about when/where results will be shared.
- Prepares/distributes reports following protocol.
- Initiates supply orders for department. Cleans/maintains equipment and initiates repairs.
- Cleans/stocks department based on infection control procedures.
- Completes necessary paperwork including charge slips and device charts.
- Documents information in medical record.
- Notifies physician of any status changes immediately.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Perform device checks according to industry standards while demonstrating clinical competency.
- Utilize sound skills and judgment to appropriately triage patents in clinic and by phone to provide excellent patient care and to ensure appropriate disposition of patients.
- Demonstrates effective and efficient work habits, producing a sufficient amount of quality work while adequately communicating to management the ability to carry out assigned duties in the time allotted or the need for additional duties.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience with pacemakers preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!