Special Testing Tech-CHA - Cape Fear Heart Associates
This job posting is no longer active.
1415 Physicians Drive
Date Posted: Feb 24, 2021
NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Heart Center
Department: Cape Fear Heart Associates
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.500000
Work Type: 32 to 47 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: 8HR DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-3P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Responsible for application and analysis of Holter and cardiac event monitors. Responsible for assisting with electrocardiograms and related patient care.
- Explains Holter and event monitor preparation to patients using appropriate patient education materials. Prepares patient for EKG or Holter monitor use.
- Enrolls patients online for event monitor studies.
- Downloads and analyzes Holter monitor results in a timely manner (within 24-48 hours). Reports any critical findings to office call physician immediately. Uploads all results into EMR immediately after analysis.
- Performs electrocardiograms on patients (stat and non-stat) in competent and caring manner.
- Explains to patient when/where results will be shared.
- Completes necessary documentation in EMR. Maintains accurate and up to date monitor logs. Maintains Special Testing files.
Assists in managing supplies and equipment for department. Cleans/maintains equipment and initiates repairs. Cleans/stocks exam rooms based on infection control procedures.
* High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years experience using EKG equipment, Holter and event monitors. Proficient in reading cardiac rhythms.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!