NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Company Police
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the direct supervision of the assigned squad Sergeant of Special Police or designated representative. Enforces NC State Laws and motor vehicles laws in accordance to NC General Statues and public vehicle areas to include existing policies, procedures, laws, regulations and directives. Performs activities to ensure the safety and security of patients, visitors, employees, Medical Staff, and NHRMC property. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs all assigned duties and requested services in a professional manner while displaying a positive teamwork attitude toward all customers.
2. Maintains proficiency in the knowledge of appropriate Company Police Laws / Regulations; state county, and city ordinances. Initiates appropriate actions pertaining to violations occurring in/or on NHRMC’s property.
3. Performs operational requirements to include, but not limited to maintaining high visibility to identify resolve potential violent situations; provide transports escorts; render vehicle assistance; effect traffic parking control; proper disposition of expired individuals; conduct area personnel searches; effect proper arrests; provide access control; provide assistance as required requested from customers; respond to STAT’s CODES, and emergency situations; and conduct required requested investigations to include follow –ups.
4. Performs administrative functions in respect to completing required reports / logs; obtaining statements; serving civil paper; conducting required inspections/surveys; the issue of parking citations; and required/requested investigation documentation.
5. Affects the timely resolution of situations, which will reduce overall liability, issues in the execution of required duties and responsibilities.
6. Maintains rapport with internal and external contacts at all levels of NHRMC and outside agencies to include state and local law enforcement agencies; other healthcare facilities, medical examiners, and recognized professional organizations to promote NHRMC’s image and philosophy.
7. As required participates in the development of projects and study of specific issues requiring a proposal or concept.
8. Maintains proficiency in the knowledge of required duties procedures of the NHRMC Security Management Program to ensure compliance with accrediting body standards.
9. Must meet all training mandated by NC Criminal Justice Education and Training Standards annually to include training mandated by Special Police / NHRMC.
* Drivers License Class C
* N.C. Sworn Police Officer
* Crisis Prevention Cert
* Technical/Vocational Diploma
Experience: Recent (same year) Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) graduate or possesses a current probationary or general certification required. Minimum of one year in a law enforcement operational and/or administrative capacity or healthcare related environment preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!