NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: NHRMC Business Center A
Department: Business Operations Support
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: STD HRS - Standard-Exe or Office w flex
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: Yes
What You'll Do
Works under the supervision of the Dir of Business Operations Support. Primary responsibility is to perform as a strategic resource for operational leaders to identify and track clinical variation, performance improvement and financial savings initiatives. Must have excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Works closely with enterprise analytics, clinical excellence, revenue cycle, strategic planning, and financial planning team members to help design and evaluate healthcare cost and other health initiatives. Understands business stakeholders’ objectives, KPIs, ROI, and how they measure their performance in order to provide actionable intel.
- Identifies financial performance improvement opportunities using Strata Continuous Cost Improvement and collaborates with clinical/physician leadership toward implementation of new initiatives.
- Works closely with Strata CI Consultants to identify areas of opportunity based on internal data and external benchmarking through the Strata CI tool. Prepares recommendations for Senior Leadership review and prioritization to align with Strategic Priorities.
- Responsible for ensuring reports and dashboards are efficient, accurately reflect operational results, and are easily understood by end users.
- Develops to be a Subject Matter Expert for Strata Continuous Cost Improvement. Supports system upgrades, maintenances, trouble shooting, auditing, and end user training.
- Demonstrates I/S functional/technical skills including performing queries, reports and forms; importing and exporting files; download information into spreadsheets and graphs.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented and a problem solver.
- Coordinates and Provides supplemental data as needed to aid operational managers in understanding financial data and trends.
* Bachelors Degree
Education: Bachelor Degree Finance, Accounting, Business and / or Information Systems
Licensure / Certifications: None
Experience: 3 Years relevant experience in Decision Support (Preferred), Cost Accounting, or Accounting / Finance with experience in a Hospital or Physician Practice setting required.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!