NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Medical Group
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 0.100000
Work Type: 1 to 31 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: PRN DAY - Most of shift btwn 7A-7P
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Works under the general supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, the prescription technician is to serve in first line triage for incoming calls from patients, pharmacies, physicians’ offices, and other ancillary medical providers, etc. In addition, this position coordinates prescription refills through the physicians.
1. Triage incoming calls for direction to the appropriate clinical staff
2. Communicate patient requests and reports of symptoms or problems to the physician teams
3. Complete and process prescriptions and sample request forms to include documentation of action taken
4. Assist providers in contacting specialists and other physicians by telephone
5. Request results and reports from outside sources for physician review
6. Fax results to outside providers to facilitate referrals, appointments, etc
7. Utilize Fas Track system to obtain and return medical records
8. Review medical records for lab and study data to support filling of prescriptions
9. Assist in emergency situations to include communicating information to EMS, directing them to the scene, bringing requested supplies to the scene, clearing the area of extra people and equipment, and contacting outside support sources
10. Check answering machine for messages left by patients after hours
* High School Diploma
Experience: Prior experience is preferred. Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!