NHRMC, established in 1967 in Wilmington, NC, is recognized as a preeminent healthcare organization focused on leading our community to outstanding health. We have an 855 bed network of hospitals and multi-specialty physician group practices with more than 200 physicians. With a network of primary, specialty, neighborhood clinics and regional medical centers; you will find our culture is the very definition of best in practice. Join us and find out how many ways NHRMC offers you the chance to focus on what really matters - our patients and community.
About the Job
Location: New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Department: Centralized Warehouse
Full Time Equivalent: FTE: 1.000000
Work Type: 64 to 80 Hours Pay Period
Work Schedule: ENTERSCHED - Please Select Schedule!
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
What You'll Do
Responsible for the daily operations of the Distribution Center to include receiving, storage and distribution of supplies to customer departments. Supervises the work of the Distribution Clerks.
1. Schedules employees to work appropriate shifts to adequately cover the needs of the department.
2. Disciplines employees whose job performance is marginal or employees who fail to follow department policy.
3. Ensures that regular receipts are processed and delivered to customers within 24 hours of delivery to New Hanover Regional Medical Center loading dock and that all overnight shipments are processed and delivered on the date of receipt.
4. Ensures that all stock is shelved in the proper bin location daily using the FIFO method and that the Distribution Center is maintained in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
5. Ensures that all requisitions are filled accurately and delivered to the customer the next business day.
6. Responsible for the daily inventory and replenishment of all par closet locations that are the responsibility of Materials Management. Ensures that all requests for par changes are completed within 3-4 working days.
7. Stock out situations will be identified promptly and communicated to the Distribution Manager and stock Buyer. Works with the stock Buyer to expedite, identify substitutes and distribute emergency deliveries upon receipt.
8. Designates and trains “charge” persons to cover when the Coordinator is not present.
9. Participates in the hiring, training, annual evaluations and, disciplinary action, if needed, of all employees in the Distribution department.
10. Rounds on all customers, visiting each nursing area at least weekly, and all other customers at least monthly.
* High School Diploma
Experience: 3 - 4 years experience in inventory management using an automated materials management computer system. Management of medical supplies in a hospital distribution environment preferred. 3 years experience establishing minimum and maximum inventory levels to ensue product availability to eliminate stock-out situations and expedite orders.1 year experience in the resolution of accounts payable invoice discrepancies is required. Must exhibit a thorough knowledge of purchasing, receiving, issuing, inventory control and accounts payable functions and their interactions in a materials management system to include how their transactions affect inventory balances and the associated expense accounts. 1-year experience with personal computers, spreadsheets, word processing and e-mail is highly preferred.
Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support patient satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual will possess commensurate combination of education, experience and qualifications.
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the location of the job, duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at will.
- Member Top 100 Hospitals – In 2016 NHRMC was recognized as a Top 100 Hospital demonstrating significant investment and financial sustainability for the communities we serve.
- Newsweek's 2020 list of Best Maternity Care Hospitals - NHRMC Betty H. Cameron Women's & Children's Hospital was named as a Best Maternity Care Hospital by Newsweek.
- Forbes America’s Best Large Employers 2018 and 2019- Link
- Becker’s 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare- Link
- Healthgrades Outstanding Patient Experience
Consider a career at NHRMC and become part of this award winning team!